All applicants must:
- Be an active, member of AUGS in one of the Regular membership categories - Fellow, Physician, Affiliate, International.
- Have a senior research mentor or mentoring team. Mentors or co-investigators need not be members of AUGS.
- Only submit one application per cycle
Fellow applicants must:
- Have a graduate degree and be in a current post-degree training program
- An MD or DO who has completed general Ob/Gyn or Urology residency training and a current fellow in either an accredited or non-accredited Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship program
- An MD or DO who has is in the final year of an Ob/Gyn or Urology residency training and has been accepted to either an accredited or non-accredited Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship program. These candidates must provide evidence of the support of the fellowship they are entering.
- A PhD currently in a post-doc fellowship program
- Ensure that funded grants will remain at the same institution for the period of the research project, but that the PI remain primarily involved in the successful completion of the project. As described in the grant application instruction document (but repeated here), for those applicants whose tenure at a given institution may be shorter than the grant horizon (e.g. Fellows in the 2nd year of a 3 year fellowship), there are added requirements for the application. Clearly describe the plan for managing the final months of the research plan, including who will take over day-to-day management and how results will be analyzed, and shared. The intention of PFD foundation fellow research awards is to invest in the start of promising academic careers of talented young physicians investigating female pelvic floor disorders, not to invest in a specific fellowship program. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply early in the fellowship or clearly demonstrate how this award, even with transitions for graduation, will launch their academic careers and future investigations/lines of inquiry.
- Prior recipients of a PFD Research Foundation Grant are not eligible for 2-year fellow grants.
Junior faculty applicants must:
- Be one of the following:
- MD or DO (+/- PhD) with a faculty appointment at the Instructor or Assistant Professor level (or within 5 years of completion of training)
- MD or DO (+/- PhD) who is a practicing clinician within 5 years of fellowship or postgraduate training, actively involved in research.
- PhD with faculty appointment as Assistant Professor
- Have institutional support for time necessary to perform PI responsibilities.
- Candidates at the Associate Professor or Professor level or > 5 years after completion of all postgraduate training. Prior recipients of a 2-year faculty PFD Research Foundation grant are not eligible for 2-year faculty awards.
- Prior recipients of a PFD Research Foundation Grant awarded during fellowship will not be eligible for 2-year faculty grants for two years from the date of successful completion of the previous award.